News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
Officers at the Greater London Authority (GLA) have recommended that the London mayor backs long-awaited plans for a 500-home mixed-use development on a derelict site in the east of the capital after concluding that the scheme's "severe" impact on neighbourhood amenity would be outweighed by factors including a 50 per cent affordable housing rate.
Plans for a 600-home scheme on a former gasworks site have been approved by Trafford Council’s planning committee after officers advised that the proposal would help meet the authority's housing land supply shortfall.
Three years after the 2016 Brexit referendum revealed to government that there were "places left behind", there has been no fundamental debate, let alone vision, about what future can be forged for Britain's medium-sized deindustrialised towns.
Brexit has dominated the UK news agenda, but scant attention has been paid to its impact on the EU, and the EU's capacity to address the kind of regional disparities that decided the 2016 referendum.
It may not be new but it's encouraging to see developer British Land, in its recent publication A Design for Life, throwing its weight behind the case for placemaking and design quality to improve health and wellbeing. Its assessment of the financial benefits to the state makes a compelling case.
- Planning Officer (Joint Local Plan) South Hams District Council / West Devon Borough Council Plymouth, Devon
- Senior Planning Officer (Development Management Specialist) South Hams District Council / West Devon Borough Council Shared Local Authorities with offices in Tavistock & Totnes- agile working arrangement
- Planning Officer (Development Management Specialist) South Hams District Council / West Devon Borough Council Shared Local Authorities with offices in Tavistock & Totnes- agile working arrangement
- Planner Policy & DM Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Town Planners Pegasus Planning Group Limited BIRMINGHAM | CIRENCESTER | NEWCASTLE