News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
Plans have been approved for the redevelopment of a north London leisure centre into a 481-home mixed-use scheme, after planners advised that the loss of designated open space was outweighed by other 'significant material considerations'.
The developers behind plans for the long-delayed redevelopment of Bishopsgate Goodsyard in east London have slashed the amount of housing proposed from 1,356 homes to 250 under new revised plans.
It may not be new but it's encouraging to see developer British Land, in its recent publication A Design for Life, throwing its weight behind the case for placemaking and design quality to improve health and wellbeing. Its assessment of the financial benefits to the state makes a compelling case.
I recently spent a weekend at the Royal College of Art (RCA) with community housing activists listening to inspirational architects working on community-led housing projects from Melbourne (The Nightingale project), Barcelona (the Lacol collective), Berlin (various), Zurich (Kraftwerk 1) and London (StART).
The planning system is often criticised for the slow pace at which it adjusts to changing markets.
- MAJOR PROJECTS TEAM LEADER DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT Maidstone Borough Council Maidstone, Kent
- PRINCIPAL PLANNING OFFICER Maidstone Borough Council Maidstone, Kent
- Planning Policy Officer Elmbridge Borough Council Esher, Surrey
- Town Planner / Senior Planner | Gloucestershire | Prestigious Consultancy Lewis Davey Gloucestershire
- Land & Planning Manager | Norfolk | Great Company | Car + other benefits Lewis Davey East of England