News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
A major mixed-use development including 538 homes and two 12-storey tower blocks has been approved for a key site in Reading town centre, despite the proposal falling short of local affordable housing requirements.
Birmingham City Council has given the go-ahead for its housing development arm to construct 298 homes on the site of a former sewage works in the east of the city, in line with a recommendation from planners who advised that the scheme would help regenerate a derelict site.
Three years after the 2016 Brexit referendum revealed to government that there were "places left behind", there has been no fundamental debate, let alone vision, about what future can be forged for Britain's medium-sized deindustrialised towns.
Brexit has dominated the UK news agenda, but scant attention has been paid to its impact on the EU, and the EU's capacity to address the kind of regional disparities that decided the 2016 referendum.
It may not be new but it's encouraging to see developer British Land, in its recent publication A Design for Life, throwing its weight behind the case for placemaking and design quality to improve health and wellbeing. Its assessment of the financial benefits to the state makes a compelling case.
- Planning Consultant | 100% flexible working | Quasi-consultancy/developer | Full or Part time Lewis Davey Any location if home working - or Northampton office base if preferred
- Senior Planning Officer (Planning Policy) Grade: H Epping Forest District Council Epping, Essex
- Principal Information and Monitoring Officer Richmond and Wandsworth Councils Wandsworth and Richmond
- Senior Community Infrastructure Levy Administration Officer Richmond and Wandsworth Councils Wandsworth and Richmond
- Planning Policy Graduate/Policy Officer Torridge District Council Bideford, Devon