News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
The housing minister Kit Malthouse has said that demolishing high rise tower blocks and replacing them with "low rise and high density" homes in streets and squares may be preferable to the refurbishment of such buildings.
A raft of planning consultancies have been appointed to advise the government's housing agency on planning and development matters, it has been announced.
It may not be new but it's encouraging to see developer British Land, in its recent publication A Design for Life, throwing its weight behind the case for placemaking and design quality to improve health and wellbeing. Its assessment of the financial benefits to the state makes a compelling case.
I recently spent a weekend at the Royal College of Art (RCA) with community housing activists listening to inspirational architects working on community-led housing projects from Melbourne (The Nightingale project), Barcelona (the Lacol collective), Berlin (various), Zurich (Kraftwerk 1) and London (StART).
The planning system is often criticised for the slow pace at which it adjusts to changing markets.
- Principal Urban Designer / Landscape Officer Swale Borough Council Swale, Kent
- Principal Planning Officer - Spatial Planning Swale Borough Council Swale, Kent
- 2 X Planning Officer / Senior Planning Officers – Development Management Swale Borough Council Swale, Kent
- Spatial Planning Manager Lewis Davey CB Civic Centre, Wembley Park, London (Central)
- Planner/Senior Planner Turley Reading, Berkshire