News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
The shortlist has been announced for this year's Planning Awards. As well as recognising outstanding professional planning work, the awards reward excellence in planning-related activities such as placemaking, urban design, economic development, housing, regeneration, legal advice and environmental consulting.
A separate spatial strategy for London's outer boroughs should be produced to help tackle rising levels of poverty, according to a report published today by a think tank.
It may not be new but it's encouraging to see developer British Land, in its recent publication A Design for Life, throwing its weight behind the case for placemaking and design quality to improve health and wellbeing. Its assessment of the financial benefits to the state makes a compelling case.
I recently spent a weekend at the Royal College of Art (RCA) with community housing activists listening to inspirational architects working on community-led housing projects from Melbourne (The Nightingale project), Barcelona (the Lacol collective), Berlin (various), Zurich (Kraftwerk 1) and London (StART).
The planning system is often criticised for the slow pace at which it adjusts to changing markets.
- Planner/Senior Planner Pro Vision Ampfield, Hampshire
- Enforcement Consultant - Dorset - Long-Term Contract Oyster Partnership Dorset
- Principal Officer - Major Applications Team Arun District Council Arun - West Sussex
- Architectural Technician Penguin Recruitment Architecture Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Principal Policy Planner - Oxfordshire - 1 year contract Oyster Partnership Oxfordshire