News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
Plans for the 1,380-home regeneration of an east London estate, which include measures to make it easier for future occupants to work from home, have been submitted to the London Borough of Havering.
The City of London Corporation has submitted a planning application to relocate three historic markets onto a 17 hectare brownfield site at Dagenham Dock and create what it claims would be the country's largest wholesale food market.
Three years after the 2016 Brexit referendum revealed to government that there were "places left behind", there has been no fundamental debate, let alone vision, about what future can be forged for Britain's medium-sized deindustrialised towns.
Brexit has dominated the UK news agenda, but scant attention has been paid to its impact on the EU, and the EU's capacity to address the kind of regional disparities that decided the 2016 referendum.
It may not be new but it's encouraging to see developer British Land, in its recent publication A Design for Life, throwing its weight behind the case for placemaking and design quality to improve health and wellbeing. Its assessment of the financial benefits to the state makes a compelling case.
- Senior Compliance and Enforcement Officer Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Assistant Director: Chief Planner Wirral Council Brighton Street, Wallasey, Merseyside, CH44 8ED
- Planner (Development Management) Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council Neath Port Talbot (Castell-nedd Port Talbot)
- Principal Planning Officer Leicestershire County Council Leicestershire
- Principal Planning Officer Teignbridge District Council Newton Abbot, Devon