News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
Transport for London's (TfL) planning chief has said that housing numbers in the Old Kent Road area of south London should be capped at a number under half of that proposed in a planning framework for the locality until the proposed extension of the Bakerloo underground line can be delivered.
An East London council has agreed to oppose the granting of planning permission for a 44-storey development with up to 1,524 homes - over twice the quantum of housing proposed under an extant permission for the site.
Brexit has dominated the UK news agenda, but scant attention has been paid to its impact on the EU, and the EU's capacity to address the kind of regional disparities that decided the 2016 referendum.
It may not be new but it's encouraging to see developer British Land, in its recent publication A Design for Life, throwing its weight behind the case for placemaking and design quality to improve health and wellbeing. Its assessment of the financial benefits to the state makes a compelling case.
I recently spent a weekend at the Royal College of Art (RCA) with community housing activists listening to inspirational architects working on community-led housing projects from Melbourne (The Nightingale project), Barcelona (the Lacol collective), Berlin (various), Zurich (Kraftwerk 1) and London (StART).
- Principal Planning Officer (Local Planning) Chichester District Council Chichester, West Sussex
- Principal Planning Consultant (Policy) Capita Manchester/Salford (North West) or Breckland or North Tyneside or Barnet (North London)
- P/T Senior Planning Officer (Minerals & Waste) Lewis Davey Shefford, Bedfordshire, Flex Working
- Planner | Nottingham | 1 - 3 years' experience Lewis Davey Nottingham
- Strategic Projects Manager (Planning Delivery) upto £54,656 Lewis Davey Shefford, Bedfordshire