The Planning Awards
The Planning Awards celebrate outstanding achievement in planning work by local authorities, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary and neighbourhood groups and all the other key players in the planning system. They incorporate the Placemaking Awards, which also also reward excellence in planning-related activities such as placemaking, urban design, economic development, housing, regeneration, legal advice and environmental consulting. For more details, click here.
A scheme that since 2018 has identified 48 previously developed sites in a small city with capacity for more than 3,500 homes has won the top prize at this year's Planning Awards, announced online in a virtual ceremony this afternoon.
An "innovative" public consultation on a local plan, that drew consultation responses from seven per cent of the area's population, has scooped the top prize at this year's Planning Awards.
- Planning Officer - West Midlands Oyster Partnership West Midlands
- Planning Enforcement Officer Gedling Borough Council Civic Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold, Nottingham
- Enforcement Officer - Sussex - 100% remote Oyster Partnership South East England
- Career Grade Planning Officer Preston City Council Preston, Lancashire
- Planning Obligations Officer Leicestershire County Council Leicester, Leicestershire
- TOWN PLANNER 12 MTH FTC - Senior, Principal, Associate level Pegasus Group Bristol, UK
- Senior Development Management Officer New Forest District Council Lyndhurst
- Planning Enforcement Officer Thurrock Council Grays, Essex
- Principal Planner Thurrock Council Grays, Essex
- Principal Planning Enforcement Officer East Northamptonshire Council East Northamptonshire Council, NN14 4LZ
A 3,000-home development on the edge of Cambridge has scooped the top accolade at this year's Planning Awards.