The Planning Awards
The Planning Awards celebrate outstanding achievement in planning work by local authorities, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary and neighbourhood groups and all the other key players in the planning system. They incorporate the Placemaking Awards, which also also reward excellence in planning-related activities such as placemaking, urban design, economic development, housing, regeneration, legal advice and environmental consulting. For more details, click here.
The entry deadline for the 2021 Planning Awards, which reward excellence in professional planning work as well as related placemaking and economic development activity, is today.
A scheme that since 2018 has identified 48 previously developed sites in a small city with capacity for more than 3,500 homes has won the top prize at this year's Planning Awards, announced online in a virtual ceremony this afternoon.
An "innovative" public consultation on a local plan, that drew consultation responses from seven per cent of the area's population, has scooped the top prize at this year's Planning Awards.
- Planning and Development Team Manager North West Leicestershire District Council Coalville, Leicestershire
- Planning Policy Team Leader Wealden District Council Hailsham, East Sussex
- Head of Asset Management – (Heritage/Historic Buildings) Diocese of London Pimlico | London
- Senior Planner / Principal Planner Whaleback Hove, East Sussex
- Associates / Principal / Senior Planners (2x) Laister Planning Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
- Associate/Senior Associate Planner | Bishop's Stortford | Consultancy Sworders Near Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
- Senior/Principal Planning Officer – Planning Applications Ashford Borough Council Ashford, Kent
- Planning Sustainability Officer - Development Management Mansfield District Council Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
- Senior Planning Officer Carrington West Somerset
- CIL Officer - URGENT Vivid Resourcing Homeworking
A 3,000-home development on the edge of Cambridge has scooped the top accolade at this year's Planning Awards.