The Planning Awards
The Planning Awards celebrate outstanding achievement in planning work by local authorities, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary and neighbourhood groups and all the other key players in the planning system. They incorporate the Placemaking Awards, which also also reward excellence in planning-related activities such as placemaking, urban design, economic development, housing, regeneration, legal advice and environmental consulting. For more details, click here.
The shortlist has been announced for this year’s Planning Awards, which recognise outstanding work by councils, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary groups and other important players in the UK planning system.
An "innovative" public consultation on a local plan, that drew consultation responses from seven per cent of the area's population, has scooped the top prize at this year's Planning Awards.
- Senior Planner (policy) Deverell Smith Surrey
- Principal or Associate Director of Planning Deverell Smith London (Central), London (Greater)
- Town Planner or Senior Town Planner (client side) Deverell Smith Hampshire
- Team Leader Infrastructure Planning London Borough of Havering Havering
- Director of City Development & Growth - East Midlands Oyster Partnership East Midlands
- Spatial Planning and Design Team Leader St Albans District Council St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Planning Compliance Manager LB Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets
- Head of Planning Strategy Historic England London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Policy & Strategy Manager Blaby District Council Office
- Senior Planner / Planning Manager Landstrom Group Limited Brighton, East Sussex
A 3,000-home development on the edge of Cambridge has scooped the top accolade at this year's Planning Awards.