The Planning Awards
The Planning Awards celebrate outstanding achievement in planning work by local authorities, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary and neighbourhood groups and all the other key players in the planning system. They incorporate the Placemaking Awards, which also also reward excellence in planning-related activities such as placemaking, urban design, economic development, housing, regeneration, legal advice and environmental consulting. For more details, click here.
The shortlist has been announced for this year’s Planning Awards, which recognise outstanding work by councils, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary groups and other important players in the UK planning system.
An "innovative" public consultation on a local plan, that drew consultation responses from seven per cent of the area's population, has scooped the top prize at this year's Planning Awards.
- Planning Compliance Officer Harborough District Council Market Harborough, Leicestershire
- Assistant Planning Officer - Planning Policy Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council Solihull, West Midlands
- Planning Officer/Senior Planning Officer - Planning Policy Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council Solihull, West Midlands
- Team Leader – Planning Policy Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council Solihull, West Midlands
- Planning Officer Preston City Council Preston
- Planning Development Manager Gloucester City Council Shire Hall, Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Principal Economic Development officer Hertsmere Borough Council Hertfordshire
- Team Leader (Planning Policy) Wealden District Council Hailsham, East Sussex
- Head of Town Planning Larkfleet Group Bourne, PE10 0FF
- Senior Planning Enforcement Officer Tandridge District Council Oxted, Surrey
A 3,000-home development on the edge of Cambridge has scooped the top accolade at this year's Planning Awards.