The Planning Awards celebrate outstanding achievement in planning work by local authorities, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary and neighbourhood groups and all the other key players in the planning system. They incorporate the Placemaking Awards, which also also reward excellence in planning-related activities such as placemaking, urban design, economic development, housing, regeneration, legal advice and environmental consulting. For more details, click here.
An "innovative" public consultation on a local plan, that drew consultation responses from seven per cent of the area's population, has scooped the top prize at this year's Planning Awards.
- Corporate Director of Regeneration, Economy and Growth Durham County Council Durham
- Principal Planner Walbrook Planning Consultants Bath, Somerset
- Planning Officer Eastleigh Borough Council Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Conservation Officer Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council Dudley, West Midlands
- Senior Development Management Officer Huntingdonshire District Council Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
A 3,000-home development on the edge of Cambridge has scooped the top accolade at this year's Planning Awards.