PLANNING FOR HOUSING 2019
Planning for Housing 2019 News
A Surrey council's review of its five-year-old core strategy which concluded that an update of the document was not needed - despite its housing requirement falling short of the government's standard method - should be given "no weight" in the planning process, a QC told the Planning for Housing conference yesterday.
Council housebuilding on its own is unlikely to boost homes delivery to the levels needed, a planning consultant warned the Planning for Housing conference yesterday.
The 'strict' national policy test on deliverability is making it hard for councils to allocate brownfield sites in local plans forcing them to propose developing green belt land instead, according to a newly-elected Surrey residents' association councillor.
Modern construction methods are allowing Birmingham City Council to deliver homes on small sites that would otherwise remain undeveloped, a conference was told today.
Providing secondment opportunities for staff and investing in graduate schemes are key ways to help ease council planning team recruitment problems, the Planning for Housing conference was told.
The government's new national model design code will need to be "selective" in the advice it offers given the variety of development across the country, a consultant who helped create the government's recently-published National Design Guide has advised.
The London mayor will back boroughs seeking contributions to affordable housing from schemes of less than ten homes, as long as they do it the right way, a London conference was told today.
The number of English councils not publishing an up-to-date five-year housing land supply assessment shot up from four per cent in 2016 to 18 per cent in 2019, research by consultancy WSP | Indigo has found.
Housing delivery will be 'compromised' post-Brexit if there is no change to the government's immigration policy, the chief of a lobby group for small builders told the Planning for Housing conference today.
- Planner- Principal Planner (Career Grade) London Borough of Bexley Bexley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Planners Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Cambridgeshire
- Principal Policy Planner (Project Manager) Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Cambridgeshire
- Assistant Planner - Solar Development Low Carbon Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Forward Planning and Economic Growth Team Manager Mansfield and Ashfield Shared Service Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham
- Planning Officer Falkland Islands Government Falkland Islands (FK)
- Planning Officer – Development Management Hertsmere Borough Council Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
- Principal Planner (Development Management) Fareham Borough Council Fareham, Hampshire
- Senior Planning Policy Officers X 2 Royal Borough of Kingston Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Deputy Team Leader – Planning Applications Ashford Borough Council Ashford, Kent