Welcome And Opening Remarks
Chair: Stephen Morgan, Barrister, Landmark Chambers
Local Authorities And Neighbourhood Plans: How To Fulfil The Duty To Support – Case-Study: Norland Neighbourhood Plan
Our speaker will share the experience of her local authority in supporting a conservation society to become a Neighbourhood Forum and bring forward a successful neighbourhood plan. Lessons will be learnt on the following:
• The support the Neighbourhood Forum required from the local authority in order to take the plan to examination and referendum
Jo Hammond, Neighbourhood Planning Team Leader, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
The Engagement Of Local Communities In The Process – Case-Study: Cringleford Neighbourhood Plan
This session will give you the opportunity to hear directly from a local community and their experience of neighbourhood plan preparation. It will provide practical advice and useful tips for both local authorities and communities.
Networking Break & Refreshments
Expert Advice: How To Ensure A Neighbourhood Plan Passes Referendum and Gets Adopted
Focusing on the legal landscape of neighbourhood planning, this session will tackle the main policy challenges arising when putting together a neighbourhood plan. The following topics will be covered:
• How to ensure that a neighbourhood plan meets the housing need of an area
• Successfully putting together an evidence base for a neighbourhood plan
• How to avoid a legal challenge. What are the recurring pitfalls?
• What can a neighbourhood plan include? How to manage the expectations of the local community in terms of policies that can go into the neighbourhood plan and those that can’t
Followed By: An Examiner’s Point of View With A Particular Emphasis On The Making Of Modifications
Tim Jones, Barrister FCIarb, No 5 Chambers
Chair's Closing Remarks
Close Of Practical Seminar
"A great event with wise people who spoke wise words and attended by senior industry guru's. An event you cannot afford to miss!"
Head of Business Development - Cratus Communications
"Well balanced and addresses some of the key issues facing planning professionals"
Head of Development Planning - Plymouth City Council
“Clarity on our current delivery challenges”
Head of Planning - Lincolnshire County Council