News & information for and about planning consultants, including the Planning Consultancy Survey, offering unique insight into firms' performance and capacity as well as developing market trends and the Guide to Planning Consultants, a directory of consultancies with a detailed breakdown of specialist services.
Consultants fear economic uncertainty as Brexit approaches but are confident of growth in housing and transport work, Adam Branson and John Geoghegan report.
Most consultancies say their planning teams will grow next year. But overall planner numbers at the biggest ten firms remained static in 2017-18. Adam Branson reports.
Fee income continues to rise at planning consultancies, with advice on greenfield housing and transport planning providing major sources of work, Adam Branson reports.
As part of the Planning Consultancy Survey 2018, we asked respondents for their views on various questions related to the outlook for the planning consultancy market, public sector performance, the impact of national policy and their aspirations for future policy changes. Their answers are listed below:
- Head of Planning Policy and Strategy London Borough of Bromley Bromley (London Borough), London (Greater)
- Specialists Development Management (Planning) South Somerset District Council Yeovil, Somerset
- Assistant Planning Manager (50% Part-Time) CPRE Lancashire Lancashire
- Planning Director | Coventry area | East / South / West Midlands background | Equity role Lewis Davey Near Coventry
- Town Planner (Rural Projects) | Cirencester | 2+ years’ experience preferred Lewis Davey Cirencester
The Planning Consultancy Services Guide 2019
Planning Consultancy Services 2019 helps guide public, private and third sector participants through the plethora of sources of advice available from large and small planning advisers. The directory has developed into the established reference guide to this sector of the profession since it was first published in 2004. Download the guide here.