News & information for and about planning consultants, including the Planning Consultancy Survey, offering unique insight into firms' performance and capacity as well as developing market trends and the Guide to Planning Consultants, a directory of consultancies with a detailed breakdown of specialist services.
The biggest employers, the fastest-growing firms, the most lucrative services, which sectors will grow, the cheapest firms to hire, and the most expensive, plus what consultants think about virtual working, staffing levels next year and much more.
The consultants that employ the most planning professionals, the fastest growers, and those that contracted most in the pandemic year.
The consultants that make the most money from planning work, the firms that charge the highest maximum and lowest minimum rates, and more
Employment levels in consultancy have remained steady overall, but our survey reveals a sharp decline in student and licentiate employment.
As part of the Planning Consultancy Survey 2020, we asked respondents for their views on various questions related to the outlook for the planning consultancy market, public sector performance, the impact of the coronavirus and proposed and recent policy changes. Their answers are listed below...
- Head of Planning Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Council Offices, Campus East, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6AE
- Senior Planner Policy London Borough of Lambeth Lambeth Civic Centre
- Planning Enforcement Manager London Borough of Bexley Bexleyheath
- Planning Policy Officer / Senior Policy Officer - Fully remote Vivid Resourcing Midlands
- Development Management Team Leader Kettering Borough Council Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Team Leader, Planning Enforcement London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer (Enforcement) Lichfield District Council Lichfield, Staffordshire
- Senior Planning Officer Chichester District Council Chichester, West Sussex
- Principal Planning Officer (Planning Applications Team Leader) Lichfield District Council Lichfield, Staffordshire
- Town Planners Pegasus Planning Group Limited Solent and East Midlands
Exclusive: the consultants that employ the most planning professionals, the fastest growing firms and much more.
Consultants fear economic uncertainty as Brexit approaches but are confident of growth in housing and transport work, Adam Branson and John Geoghegan report.
The Planning Consultancy Services Guide 2019
Planning Consultancy Services 2019 helps guide public, private and third sector participants through the plethora of sources of advice available from large and small planning advisers. The directory has developed into the established reference guide to this sector of the profession since it was first published in 2004. Download the guide here.