Updated Planning Practice Guidance (PPG)
Latest news and analysis on the new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
Six things you need to know about new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) that were published last week.
Local authorities should seek opportunities to actively improve air quality through plan-making and development management decisions, according to updated Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
New guidance on design and a national design guide should put councils in a better position to resist poor-quality proposals, say observers, but they warn it may place new burdens on already-stretched planning teams.
Councils that have not produced their own local design guides will be allowed to defer to the government's new National Design Guide and the impending National Model Design Code when considering whether development proposals meet the National Planning Policy Framework's (NPPF's) design policy requirements, the newly-published guide has said.
Councils can use strategies such as "encouraging the retention of key design consultants from the planning application team and using design review at appropriate intervals" to ensure that the quality of approved development is not diminished between permission and completion, according to new guidance.
Planning consultancy Tibbalds and government advisor the Design Council have been appointed by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) to produce a new 'visual design guide' that will form part of new planning guidance on design.
Why new guidance raises the bar for councils in demonstrating that they have an adequate supply of housing sites
Fresh advice in new Planning Practice Guidance on housing supply and delivery is likely to raise the bar for local authorities in demonstrating that they have a five-year housing land supply, commentators suggest.
- Senior Town Planner (5+ years’ experience) Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design London Bridge, SE1
- Planning Assistant London Legacy Development Corporation London (Greater)
- Senior Planning Consultant DPA Architects Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
- Principal Regeneration Officer Bridgend County Borough Council Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr)
- Senior Transport Planner (Planning Policy) - Applications Closing Soon! Royal Borough of Kingston Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)