Updated Planning Practice Guidance (PPG)
Latest news and analysis on the new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
Six things you need to know about new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) that were published last week.
Neighbourhood planning bodies may need to use "more targeted" consultation methods such as telephone or writing as well as online tools to fully engage with all sections of the community during the Covid-19 pandemic, new guidance advises.
The minimum time period given by councils for residents to make representations on planning applications in their areas has been temporarily increased from two to three weeks, according to updated Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
Councils 'encouraged' to review statements of community involvement to address pandemic restrictions
Local authorities are being "encouraged to undertake an immediate review and update" of policies in their statements of community involvement (SCIs) to take account of restrictions imposed during the coronavirus pandemic, according to updated planning guidance.
News of changes to national guidance on neighbourhood planning in response to the coronavirus pandemic, including the postponement of all plan referendums in the next year, features in this week's Neighbourhood Watch round-up.
Draft neighbourhood plans can be given "significant weight" in planning decisions if referendums have been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic, updated government planning guidance has advised.
Local authorities should seek opportunities to actively improve air quality through plan-making and development management decisions, according to updated Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
- Interim Director of Regeneration - part time Vivid Resourcing East Midlands Region
- Director of City Development & Growth - East Midlands Oyster Partnership East Midlands
- Spatial Planning and Design Team Leader St Albans District Council St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Senior Spatial Planning Officer St Albans District Council St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Things Are Looking Up Oyster Partnership South East England
- Planning Compliance Manager LB Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets
- Head of Planning Strategy Historic England London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Planning Policy and Environment Coventry City Council Coventry, West Midlands
- Planning Policy & Strategy Manager Blaby District Council Office
- Senior Planner / Planning Manager Landstrom Group Limited Brighton, East Sussex