Updated Planning Practice Guidance (PPG)
Latest news and analysis on the new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
Six things you need to know about new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) that were published last week.
A new nutrient mitigation scheme and a promise of updated planning guidance has been announced by the government in an effort to offset the impact of Natural England’s 'nitrate neutrality' advice which has brought permissions for housing projects to a standstill in much of the country.
The government has deleted a paragraph in one of its planning practice guidance (PPG) documents in the wake of a High Court judgment which backed a council's decision requiring a householder to seek planning permission for running his business from home.
How the dismissal of a big housing appeal underlines the growing weight decision-makers should give to design matters
An appeal decision where an inspector dismissed a major housing appeal on design grounds, despite the authority lacking the required five-year housing land supply, is likely to see decision-makers emboldened to refuse unsuitable schemes on such matters, say practitioners.
Local authorities proposing large-scale development in their local plans have been advised in new government guidance that they will only need to produce a 30-year vision document where the timescale of the development is three decades or longer and where most homes will be delivered “well beyond” the plan period.
A requirement for applications for school, hospital and prison buildings to be determined in ten weeks rather than 13 will come into effect on 1 August alongside new fire safety planning measures, freshly-published regulations have revealed.
Councils are "encouraged" to prioritise key workers when establishing locally set eligibility tests for the government's new discounted First Homes, and authorities will be able to adjust the price cap on the initial sale of a First Home under certain circumstances, new planning guidance has revealed.
- Principal Development Officer (Planning Control) Bolton Council Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Development Officer - Planning Control (Career Grade) Bolton Council Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Corporate Head of Planning & Regulatory Services Winchester City Council Winchester, Hampshire
- Head of Strategic Planning Oxfordshire County Council. Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Operations Manager Rushcliffe Borough Council West Bridgford, Nottingham
- Service Manager Rushcliffe Borough Council West Bridgford, Nottingham
- Career Graded Planning Policy Officer Cherwell DC Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Development Management Team Leader Varnom Ross Central England
- Senior Planning Officer Varnom Ross Surrey
- Planning Services Manager Varnom Ross South West