Updated Planning Practice Guidance (PPG)
Latest news and analysis on the new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
Six things you need to know about new sections of the government's Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) that were published last week.
The old use classes that were scrapped in the shake up of the Use Classes Order in the summer will still be in force for the purpose of community infrastructure levy (CIL) rates that were applied before the changes, new guidance states.
New planning guidance on the community infrastructure levy and neighbourhood planning "encourages" councils to pass on higher levels of CIL funding to areas where coronavirus restrictions have prevented neighbourhood plans being adopted via a referendum.
Developers must submit works mitigation report when seeking prior approval for upwards extensions, says new guidance
Developers lodging applications under new permitted development rights allowing upwards extensions of buildings to create new or larger homes must also submit a report to councils detailing how they will mitigate noise and other negative impacts arising from the construction works, new planning guidance states.
The government has temporarily relieved local authorities of the obligation to provide hard copies of local plan documents for inspection in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Councils will be able to defer community infrastructure levy (CIL) payments from smaller developers for up to six months but there will be no right of appeal for applicants if authorities refuse their request, according to new regulations and guidance.
Neighbourhood plan bodies should use phone calls and letters to consult during pandemic, says new guidance
Neighbourhood planning bodies may need to use "more targeted" consultation methods such as telephone or writing as well as online tools to fully engage with all sections of the community during the Covid-19 pandemic, new guidance advises.
- Various Planning Roles Folkestone & Hythe District Council Folkestone, Kent
- Urban Design Officer London Borough of Bromley Bromley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- X2 Senior/Principal Enforcement Officers - OUTSIDE IR35 Vivid Resourcing Gloucestershire
- Senior Planner – Development Manager Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Planner Policy & DM Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Assistant Director - Growth & Housing Wigan Council Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Town Planners Pegasus Planning Group Limited BIRMINGHAM | CIRENCESTER | NEWCASTLE
- Team Leader Plan Making and Infrastructure - Spatial Planning Ashford Borough Council Ashford, Kent
- Senior Planner Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Associate Director (Planning) Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire