The last fortnight's five most popular stories on PlanningResource.co.uk
Nick Boles has told a Tory party conference fringe event to 'shoot me' if he is still planning minister after the next general election.
A council in Surrey is set to withdraw its key planning document after carrying out a study that indicated it would have to 'significantly' raise its proposed annual housebuilding target.
A council has complained of 'corporate bullying' after three housebuilders threatened a judicial review over a neighbourhood plan that recently passed examination.
A Staffordshire district council has said that it is willing to identify land for an additional 900 homes after an inspector warned that its local plan fails to make adequate provision for housing need.
Leeds City Council's attempts to protect the city's historic canal-side from housing development have suffered a major setback after a High Court judge declared two council planning policies 'unlawful'.
The communities secretary has approved a mixed-use scheme in east London, ruling that the council's expectation for affordable housing provision to be provided by the development was 'unrealistic'.
A Yorkshire council will have to reconsider the adoption of its local plan, after a High Court judge faulted it for not taking into account a strategic environmental assessment of a policy that lays the ground for a new settlement of at least 3,000 homes.
The supply of new homes in England rose just one per cent in 2019-20, the smallest increase for seven years, new government figures show.
The latest setback to Greater Manchester's city-region plan leads our round-up of today's newspapers and news websites.
Cheshire East Council has granted outline permission for a mixed-use scheme including 850 homes, despite it only providing a third of the local target for affordable housing.
MHCLG chief planner highlights new infrastructure levy, cross boundary planning and 'healthy places' as key themes of white paper responses
The government is looking at measures to support "cross boundary" planning and the creation of "healthy places", alongside measures to ensure the proposed new Infrastructure Levy can "flex for different circumstances", as it moves to refine its planning white paper proposals, the chief planner has said today.
- Various Planning Roles Folkestone & Hythe District Council Folkestone, Kent
- Urban Design Officer London Borough of Bromley Bromley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- X2 Senior/Principal Enforcement Officers - OUTSIDE IR35 Vivid Resourcing Gloucestershire
- Senior Planner – Development Manager Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Planner Policy & DM Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Assistant Director - Growth & Housing Wigan Council Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Town Planners Pegasus Planning Group Limited BIRMINGHAM | CIRENCESTER | NEWCASTLE
- Team Leader Plan Making and Infrastructure - Spatial Planning Ashford Borough Council Ashford, Kent
- Senior Planner Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Associate Director (Planning) Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire