IED Annual Conference 2017 News
The Institute of Economic Development's annual conference took place in London last Thursday. Here are five things we learned about planning, economic development and devolution at the event.
The chairman of the government's housing and regeneration agency explains how it intends to use its £15 billion Budget boost to expand its planning role.
The government's housing and regeneration agency will boost its planning capacity as it seeks to deliver on its growing brief, chairman Sir Edward Lister has said.
Councils in Yorkshire that have failed to agree devolution deals with the government need to 'stop mucking about' or risk being left behind as powers are distributed from Whitehall, according to a leading economist and former government adviser.
Central government imposing elected mayors in areas without popular support risks alienating people from the democratic process, political commentator Matthew Parris has warned.
- Planning Assistant Cheshire East Council Crewe or Macclesfield, with flexible and home working
- Planning Officer Cheshire East Council Crewe or Macclesfield, with flexible office and home working
- Senior Planning Officer Cheshire East Council Macclesfield, with flexible office and home working
- Principal Planning Officer Cheshire East Council Macclesfield or Crewe, with flexible office and home working
- Planner London Borough of Bromley Bromley (London Borough), London (Greater)
- Principal DM Planning Roles - Home Counties & East Anglia Carrington West Home Counties & East Anglia
- Principal Planner Leeds City Council Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Transport Planner London Borough of Hounslow Hounslow, London
- Senior Transport Planner (3-year fixed-term contract) London Borough of Hounslow Hounslow, London
- Planning Consultants Strutt & Parker South East England