IED Annual Conference 2017 News
The Institute of Economic Development's annual conference took place in London last Thursday. Here are five things we learned about planning, economic development and devolution at the event.
The chairman of the government's housing and regeneration agency explains how it intends to use its £15 billion Budget boost to expand its planning role.
The government's housing and regeneration agency will boost its planning capacity as it seeks to deliver on its growing brief, chairman Sir Edward Lister has said.
Councils in Yorkshire that have failed to agree devolution deals with the government need to 'stop mucking about' or risk being left behind as powers are distributed from Whitehall, according to a leading economist and former government adviser.
Central government imposing elected mayors in areas without popular support risks alienating people from the democratic process, political commentator Matthew Parris has warned.
- Planning Director - (London) Osborne Richardson London (Greater)
- Planning Manager – Warwickshire Jon Taylor Associates Warwickshire
- Head of Planning North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Planning Enforcement Officer Cherwell District Council Banbury, Oxfordshire
- GROUP MANAGER, GROWTH and PLANNING Mendip District Council Shepton Mallet