Communities secretary Sajid Javid yesterday unveiled the government's Housing White Paper. Here are ten things you need to know about the key planning measures in the document.
There is little evidence of local authorities using new powers in the revised National Planning Policy Framework to push developers to speed up delivery, says Stuart Watson.
The government's social housing green paper promises to introduce new planning guidance to improve the quality of affordable housing and conditions for tenants.
Few in the sector have disputed the findings of a planning consultancy report claiming that neighbourhood plans have had a limited impact on boosting housing supply.
Government proposals to amend the rules governing release of green belt land are billed as strengthening protection for these areas, but some in the sector suspect that the revisions may have the opposite effect.
Former planning minister Gavin Barwell acted lawfully in making a written ministerial statement (WMS) strengthening neighbourhood plans in council areas lacking a five-year housing supply, a court has ruled earlier this month.
- Principal Planning Consultant (Policy) Capita Manchester/Salford (North West) or Breckland or North Tyneside or Barnet (North London)
- Planning Officer Plymouth City Council Plymouth, Devon
- Principal Major Developments Officer Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Senior Planning Enforcement Officer London Borough of Lambeth Lambeth, London (Greater)
- P/T Senior Planning Officer (Minerals & Waste) Lewis Davey Shefford, Bedfordshire, Flex Working