Communities secretary Sajid Javid yesterday unveiled the government's Housing White Paper. Here are ten things you need to know about the key planning measures in the document.
The government's social housing green paper promises to introduce new planning guidance to improve the quality of affordable housing and conditions for tenants.
Few in the sector have disputed the findings of a planning consultancy report claiming that neighbourhood plans have had a limited impact on boosting housing supply.
Government proposals to amend the rules governing release of green belt land are billed as strengthening protection for these areas, but some in the sector suspect that the revisions may have the opposite effect.
Former planning minister Gavin Barwell acted lawfully in making a written ministerial statement (WMS) strengthening neighbourhood plans in council areas lacking a five-year housing supply, a court has ruled earlier this month.
2018 looks set to see further changes to the planning system after a busy autumn of announcements, says David Dewar.
- Planning Compliance Team Leader - Trafford, Greater Manchester Trafford Council Trafford, Greater Manchester
- Delivery Planner - Midlands Canal & River Trust Birmingham or Hatton (Warwick)
- Planning Enforcement Officer New Forest National Park Hampshire
- Senior Planning Officer Milton Keynes Council Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Development Plans & Delivery Manager Milton Keynes Council Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire