Communities secretary Sajid Javid yesterday unveiled the government's Housing White Paper. Here are ten things you need to know about the key planning measures in the document.
Why observers doubt that ministers will follow up on their threats to penalise developers who are slow to build out permissions
The housing secretary recently announced that the government is considering sanctions for permissions that are not developed quickly enough. Observers are sceptical that the government will actually implement such measures, suggesting that the proclamation was aimed to alleviate Conservative Party worries about forthcoming planning changes and pointing out that any levies would be difficult to implement.
After years of weak governments, the general election has produced an administration that controls its own destiny. So, what are we to expect from the administration in planning terms?
The government published 23 updates to its Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) toward the end of last month. Here are four key changes you may have missed.
There is little evidence of local authorities using new powers in the revised National Planning Policy Framework to push developers to speed up delivery, says Stuart Watson.
The government's social housing green paper promises to introduce new planning guidance to improve the quality of affordable housing and conditions for tenants.
- PRINCIPAL PLANNING OFFICER Hertsmere Borough Council Hertfordshire
- Planning Officer Oxfordshire County Council. Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Principal Development Officer (Planning Control) Bolton Council Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Development Officer - Planning Control (Career Grade) Bolton Council Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Head of Strategic Planning Oxfordshire County Council. Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Operations Manager Rushcliffe Borough Council West Bridgford, Nottingham
- Service Manager Rushcliffe Borough Council West Bridgford, Nottingham
- Career Graded Planning Policy Officer Cherwell DC Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Development Management Team Leader Varnom Ross Central England
- Senior Planning Officer Varnom Ross Surrey