Communities secretary Sajid Javid yesterday unveiled the government's Housing White Paper. Here are ten things you need to know about the key planning measures in the document.
Few in the sector have disputed the findings of a planning consultancy report claiming that neighbourhood plans have had a limited impact on boosting housing supply.
Government proposals to amend the rules governing release of green belt land are billed as strengthening protection for these areas, but some in the sector suspect that the revisions may have the opposite effect.
Former planning minister Gavin Barwell acted lawfully in making a written ministerial statement (WMS) strengthening neighbourhood plans in council areas lacking a five-year housing supply, a court has ruled earlier this month.
2018 looks set to see further changes to the planning system after a busy autumn of announcements, says David Dewar.
Former cabinet minister Sir Oliver Letwin is expected to bring a forensic approach to his review of the gap between permissions granted and homes built, but some wonder what his findings will add to the sum of knowledge on the topic.
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Major Projects Planner Bassetlaw District Council Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Planning Development Manager Bassetlaw District Council Nottinghamshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex