THE HOUSING DELIVERY TEST
Latest news and analysis on the Housing Delivery Test
A round-up of the most important news development this week, including a sharp rise in the number of authorities likely to fail the government's housing delivery test this year.
The 22 councils that have to produce an 'action plan' for the first time under the 2019 housing delivery test
Twenty-two councils will have to produce a housing delivery action plan for the first time under the 2019 housing delivery test, outlining how they will boost the provision of new homes in their area.
Twenty-four councils now have a reduced housing land supply target as a result of the government's 2019 delivery test results, with the proportion of planned homes they need to add to their five-year supply dropping from 20 to five per cent.
The 20 councils that are required to increase their housing land supply under the 2019 delivery test
Twenty councils now have an increased housing land supply target as a result of the government's 2019 delivery test results, with the proportion of planned homes they need to add to their five-year supply going up from five to 20 per cent.
Eight local authorities, including the City of London, will be subject to the housing delivery test's most severe penalty, the National Planning Policy Framework's (NPPF's) presumption in favour of sustainable development, according to the latest test results just published.
- Planning Officer Elmbridge Borough Council Esher, Surrey
- Various Planning Roles Folkestone & Hythe District Council Folkestone, Kent
- Urban Design Officer London Borough of Bromley Bromley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- X2 Senior/Principal Enforcement Officers - OUTSIDE IR35 Vivid Resourcing Gloucestershire
- Senior Planner – Development Manager Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Planner Policy & DM Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Assistant Director - Growth & Housing Wigan Council Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Town Planners Pegasus Planning Group Limited BIRMINGHAM | CIRENCESTER | NEWCASTLE
- Senior Planner Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Associate Director (Planning) Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire