THE HOUSING DELIVERY TEST
Latest news and analysis on the Housing Delivery Test
A planning inspector vetoed two garden community proposals totalling 34,000 new homes in a local plan because he considered them to be neither viable nor deliverable. Some critics say the local plan system struggles to accommodate such large settlements, but others argue it is essential that the deliverability of such schemes is robustly probed.
The 22 councils that have to produce an 'action plan' for the first time under the 2019 housing delivery test
Twenty-two councils will have to produce a housing delivery action plan for the first time under the 2019 housing delivery test, outlining how they will boost the provision of new homes in their area.
Twenty-four councils now have a reduced housing land supply target as a result of the government's 2019 delivery test results, with the proportion of planned homes they need to add to their five-year supply dropping from 20 to five per cent.
The 20 councils that are required to increase their housing land supply under the 2019 delivery test
Twenty councils now have an increased housing land supply target as a result of the government's 2019 delivery test results, with the proportion of planned homes they need to add to their five-year supply going up from five to 20 per cent.
Eight local authorities, including the City of London, will be subject to the housing delivery test's most severe penalty, the National Planning Policy Framework's (NPPF's) presumption in favour of sustainable development, according to the latest test results just published.
- Director of City Development & Growth - East Midlands Oyster Partnership East Midlands
- Spatial Planning and Design Team Leader St Albans District Council St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Senior Spatial Planning Officer St Albans District Council St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Things Are Looking Up Oyster Partnership South East England
- Planning Compliance Manager LB Tower Hamlets Tower Hamlets
- Head of Planning Strategy Historic England London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Planning Policy and Environment Coventry City Council Coventry, West Midlands
- Planning Officers Needed - South East Oyster Partnership South East England
- Planning Policy & Strategy Manager Blaby District Council Office
- Senior Planner / Planning Manager Landstrom Group Limited Brighton, East Sussex