THE HOUSING DELIVERY TEST
Latest news and analysis on the Housing Delivery Test
With the coronavirus likely to have far-reaching impacts on the planning system, click through to keep up to date with all the latest planning-related news on the crisis.
The 22 councils that have to produce an 'action plan' for the first time under the 2019 housing delivery test
Twenty-two councils will have to produce a housing delivery action plan for the first time under the 2019 housing delivery test, outlining how they will boost the provision of new homes in their area.
Twenty-four councils now have a reduced housing land supply target as a result of the government's 2019 delivery test results, with the proportion of planned homes they need to add to their five-year supply dropping from 20 to five per cent.
The 20 councils that are required to increase their housing land supply under the 2019 delivery test
Twenty councils now have an increased housing land supply target as a result of the government's 2019 delivery test results, with the proportion of planned homes they need to add to their five-year supply going up from five to 20 per cent.
Eight local authorities, including the City of London, will be subject to the housing delivery test's most severe penalty, the National Planning Policy Framework's (NPPF's) presumption in favour of sustainable development, according to the latest test results just published.
- Planning Officer Ebbsfleet Development Corporation Ebbsfleet Valley, Dartford
- Planning Officers x 4 City of London London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer (Major Projects/ Sustainability) City of London London (Greater)
- Planning Enforcement and Compliance Monitoring Officer Ebbsfleet Development Corporation Ebbsfleet Valley, Dartford
- Project Delivery Manager Chesterfield Borough Council Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Planning Policy Manager Stevenage Borough Council Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- Planning Officer - Major Projects North Norfolk District Council Norfolk
- Senior Planning Officers North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Senior Infrastructure Planner Dartford Borough Council Dartford, Kent
- Planning Policy Manager Mole Valley District Council Dorking, Surrey