Development Management Answers
Put your question to Planning readers and our resident expert. Answer questions posed by your peers.
Ask a question
Current questions - can you help?
Q An owner wishes to change the roof materials of his house, from grey slates to red tiles with no change in roof height. Assuming this is development, is planning permission needed? Under class A, part 1, schedule 2 of the General Permitted Development Order 2015, similar materials must be used. But could development be permitted under class C, governing other alterations to the roof of a dwellinghouse? JM
Q. Is it possible to vary a reserved matters consent outside the time limit set in the condition on the original outline permission? JM
Previous answers to development management queries
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Major Projects Planner Bassetlaw District Council Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Planning Development Manager Bassetlaw District Council Nottinghamshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex