Development Management Answers
Put your question to Planning readers and our resident expert. Answer questions posed by your peers.
Ask a question
Current questions - can you help?
Q The government has established a special category of housing called supported exempt accommodation where the landlord, which would be a local authority, housing association, charity or voluntary organisation rather than a private individual, provides counselling and similar support for residents with special needs. The support takes place away from the property. Would housing in this category be considered to be still within the C3 dwellinghouse use class or might it be considered to be a class C2 residential institution use? JW
Q Is there any definition under planning legislation of what constitutes a habitable room? I understand that there is a definition under the building regulations. NT
Previous answers to development management queries
- Planning Consultant (2-8 years' experience) Lewis Davey Dundee
- Latest Town Planning Opportunities Nationwide Lewis Davey Nationwide
- EIA Planning Director / Associate Director | 8 office locations | Wide range of projects Lewis Davey One of 8 locations across the UK
- Senior Town Planner | Secure planning for Netflix and work on bespoke developments! Lewis Davey Guildford, Surrey
- Graduate Town Planner Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire