Development Management Answers
Put your question to Planning readers and our resident expert. Answer questions posed by your peers.
Ask a question
Current questions - can you help?
Q A client's application to convert a 188 square metre barn to a dwelling under class Q, part 3, schedule 2 of the General Permitted Development Order 2015 has been refused because it had been used to store classic cars while the building in which they are normally kept was refurbished. The cars were put there in summer but could not be removed until late autumn. Apart from car storage, the barn has been used for agricultural purposes for more than 40 years. Could we make an application to convert the remainder of the barn apart from the area used for car storage? PD
Answer or comment online at planningresource.co.uk/dmanswers or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27 August
Q Would it be lawful to include areas of foreshore between mean low and high water within a neighbourhood planning area and for neighbourhood plan policies to promote development, in this case permanent workshops for artists and craftspeople, thereon? PB
Previous answers to development management queries
- Head of Planning Policy and Strategy London Borough of Bromley Bromley (London Borough), London (Greater)
- Specialists Development Management (Planning) South Somerset District Council Yeovil, Somerset
- Assistant Planning Manager (50% Part-Time) CPRE Lancashire Lancashire
- Planning Director | Coventry area | East / South / West Midlands background | Equity role Lewis Davey Near Coventry
- Town Planner (Rural Projects) | Cirencester | 2+ years’ experience preferred Lewis Davey Cirencester