Development Management Answers
Put your question to Planning readers and our resident expert. Answer questions posed by your peers.
Ask a question
Current questions - can you help?
Q I am confused by the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisement) (England) Regulations 2007. They seem to say that the display of an advertisement inside a building within one metre of a window needs consent. Is this correct?
Q A bakery retail unit has a planning permission dating from 1976 for "tea rooms". The shop trades as a hot and cold takeaway sandwich bar at the front and a café at the rear. The operators cook on site in a kitchen with an extractor fan. A new tenant wishes to use the premises as a hot food takeaway. Would planning permission be required? RL
Previous answers to development management queries
- Planner Varnom Ross London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Planning Manager Gladman Scotland Livingston, West Lothian
- Planner/Senior Planner Pro Vision Ampfield, Hampshire
- Enforcement Consultant - Dorset - Long-Term Contract Oyster Partnership Dorset
- Principal Officer - Major Applications Team Arun District Council Arun - West Sussex