Development Management Answers
Put your question to Planning readers and our resident expert. Answer questions posed by your peers.
Ask a question
Current questions - can you help?
Q A children's nursery operator wishes to display a banner on the fence of a nearby allotment advertising the business. As the banner is not being displayed at the nursery itself, does this mean consent is automatically required? JM
Q. A developer has planning permission for an extension and now wishes to submit a non-material amendment application for an obscure glazed rooflight in the roof slope. On its own, this would be permitted development. However, the site is adjacent to a neighbours’ boundary and they may want to comment. A section 73 application for variation of the approved plans would give an opportunity for this. Would it be reasonable to refuse the non-material amendment application, given the fallback position that the developer could install the rooflight as permitted development once the extension is completed? HA
Previous answers to development management queries
- Senior Planner Adlington Congleton, Cheshire
- MAJOR PROJECTS TEAM LEADER DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT Maidstone Borough Council Maidstone, Kent
- PRINCIPAL PLANNING OFFICER Maidstone Borough Council Maidstone, Kent
- Planning Policy Officer Elmbridge Borough Council Esher, Surrey
- Town Planner / Senior Planner | Gloucestershire | Prestigious Consultancy Lewis Davey Gloucestershire