Data & Insight
Interactive maps, data and insights informing planning strategies and decisions, including household growth projections, neighbourhood plan applications and the timeliness of local authority decision making.
Latest Data Blogs
Updated 'experimental' data indicates that a change to the special measures criteria is likely to see local planning authorities sanctioned for the first time for having too many of their decisions overturned on appeal.
Want to know whether your local authority has published Community Infrastructure Levy proposals? Our live table includes the latest details of councils' levy plans, including a breakdown of charges by development type.
More than 200 local authorities in England and Wales have published Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) plans for consultation. Use the interactive maps below to view councils' progress in implementing CIL and the rates they are proposing to charge.
Use our new interactive map to view how many applications for neighbourhood planning powers have been received by English councils and the names of the groups that have submitted them.
Use our new interactive map to view English councils' progress in adopting local plans and view a spreadsheet containing the latest data on local plan coverage from the Planning Inspectorate.
The number of new homes started and completed in the UK rose for the fourth successive year in 2016-17, according to the latest government statistics.
- Planning Manager – Warwickshire Jon Taylor Associates Warwickshire
- Head of Planning North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Planning Enforcement Officer Cherwell District Council Banbury, Oxfordshire
- GROUP MANAGER, GROWTH and PLANNING Mendip District Council Shepton Mallet
- Principal Town Planner – City of London Jon Taylor Associates London (City of), London (Greater)