Detailed analyses of how projects or plans have come together, accompanied by independent commentaries.
The use of a residential swimming pool for commercial swimming lessons at a single dwelling in a Buckinghamshire village was refused for harm to the living conditions of existing residents and to the character of the designated established residential area of special character.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, planning officers at the London Borough of Haringey have been using 3D mapping technology to assess proposals in lieu of being able to physically visit application sites. By Mark Wilding.
Collaboration and preparation helped to ensure the Planning Inspectorate’s first virtual appeal hearing ran smoothly and demonstrated potential opportunities in the longer term, Mark Wilding reports.
A history of planning collaboration between six local authorities was key to the wider city-region preparing its statement of common ground, Mark Wilding reports.
- Planning Assistant Cheshire East Council Crewe or Macclesfield, with flexible and home working
- Planning Officer Cheshire East Council Crewe or Macclesfield, with flexible office and home working
- Senior Planning Officer Cheshire East Council Macclesfield, with flexible office and home working
- Principal Planning Officer Cheshire East Council Macclesfield or Crewe, with flexible office and home working
- Principal DM Planning Roles - Home Counties & East Anglia Carrington West Home Counties & East Anglia
- Officer & Senior Town Planning Consultants - East Midlands Carrington West East Midlands Region
- Principal Planner Leeds City Council Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Transport Planner London Borough of Hounslow Hounslow, London
- Senior Transport Planner (3-year fixed-term contract) London Borough of Hounslow Hounslow, London
- Planning Consultants Strutt & Parker South East England
Wycombe District Council has reduced the annual cost of its planning service by £500,000 without cutting jobs, Mark Wilding reports.
A digital tool that aims to answer applicants' planning queries before they submit their plans is already saving officers' time, writes Colin Marrs.
An unusual three-stage application has been key to securing permission for the 6,500-home town, writes Colin Marrs.
How two councils drew up the first jointly produced plan for an area of outstanding natural beauty. By Colin Marrs.
Oxford City Council and developer Grosvenor promise biodiversity net gain and 40 per cent social homes at Barton Park, reports Colin Marrs.
Bringing together site promoters and local residents was key to East Hampshire District Council's speedy large sites consultation, writes Mark Wilding.
Seven per cent of Lake District residents responded to the park authority's draft local plan. Colin Marrs finds out why.
Croydon has produced a supplementary planning document to provide design guidance for the borough's residential intensification. Colin Marrs reports.
Early dialogue and quality design helped to overcome challenges to approval for this mosque in Cambridge, writes Colin Marrs.
Pioneering environmental approaches are at the heart of a plan for Lewes in the South Downs National Park, writes Colin Marrs.
Key site constraints had to be overcome for an extra-care scheme in Harpenden to win approval on appeal, Colin Marrs reports.
Adopting a more proactive role in protecting heritage led Sefton Council to create a new post to take on the task, Mark Wilding reports.
Planning recruitment difficulties prompted Central Bedfordshire Council to provide its own in-house training, writes Colin Marrs.
A new garden community project in Cumbria was boosted after a successful bid for government funding towards a key link road, reports Colin Marrs.
A port expansion in Essex has secured approval after green belt, heritage and ecological concerns were resolved, says Colin Marrs.