Councils will need to make better use of social media and online consultation methods to effectively consult on their local plans during the coronavirus crisis, say experts, but some warn that such techniques may not currently be suitable for all aspects of the process.
Local authorities are looking at using emergency delegated powers and a system of 'virtual' planning committees to allow decision-making to continue during the coronavirus outbreak. But practitioners warn that delegated powers are likely to be suitable for just a limited number of applications, while virtual committees face technical challenges and are likely to limit public participation.
The housing ministry has announced the appointment of Jeremy Pocklington as its new permanent secretary, the most senior civil servant in the department.
- Project Officer - Planning Exeter City Council Exeter, Devon
- Senior Planning Officers North Lincolnshire Council North Lincolnshire
- Planner- Principal Planner (Career Grade) London Borough of Bexley Bexley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Planners Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Cambridgeshire
- Principal Policy Planner (Project Manager) Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Cambridgeshire
- Assistant Planner - Solar Development Low Carbon Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Forward Planning and Economic Growth Team Manager Mansfield and Ashfield Shared Service Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham
- Planning Officer Falkland Islands Government Falkland Islands (FK)
- Senior Planning Policy Officers X 2 Royal Borough of Kingston Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Deputy Team Leader – Planning Applications Ashford Borough Council Ashford, Kent