A London council is to this week hold what it claims is likely to be England's first "fully virtual" planning committee meeting since the government legislated to allow such events to be held remotely in response to the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
The move to allow 'virtual' committee meetings during the coronavirus outbreak will allow the planning system 'to finally move into the 21st century', say lawyers and consultants, but opinions differ on the implications for appeal inquiries and hearings.
The government’s former chief planner Steve Quartermain will join specialist planning law outfit Town Legal as a part-time consultant, the firm has announced.
- Senior Specialist – Local Plan (Principal Policy Planner) Maldon District Council Maldon, Essex
- Project Officer - Planning Exeter City Council Exeter, Devon
- Senior Planning Officers North Lincolnshire Council North Lincolnshire
- Planner- Principal Planner (Career Grade) London Borough of Bexley Bexley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Senior Policy Planners Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Cambridgeshire
- Principal Policy Planner (Project Manager) Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Cambridgeshire
- Assistant Planner - Solar Development Low Carbon Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Forward Planning and Economic Growth Team Manager Mansfield and Ashfield Shared Service Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham
- Planning Officer Falkland Islands Government Falkland Islands (FK)
- Senior Planning Policy Officers X 2 Royal Borough of Kingston Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)