Law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has announced that Sarah Fitzpatrick has joined the company's London office as its new head of planning.
Planning committee reports making recommendations to councillors on applications are "fertile ground for judicial review challenges" and planners should consider taking legal advice when drawing up such documents, according to updated Local Government Association (LGA) guidance on probity in planning.
The head of planning policy at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), and architect Sadie Morgan are among those in the built environment sector recognised in the New Year's Honours list.
- Senior Planning Consultant DPA Architects Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
- Principal Regeneration Officer Bridgend County Borough Council Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr)
- Principal Planning Officer South Kesteven District Council Grantham, Lincolnshire
- Planner Barratt Developments Northamptonshire
- Senior Transport Planner (Planning Policy) Royal Borough of Kingston Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)