Providing secondment opportunities for staff and investing in graduate schemes are key ways to help ease council planning team recruitment problems, the Planning for Housing conference was told.
Up to 28 full-time planning and urban design jobs at Sheffield City Council, including 14 planning policy roles, could be at risk as part of a proposed service restructuring, Planning has learned.
The Planning Inspectorate (PINS) has halved a backlog of appeal cases since the start of the year, while appeal decisions hit another record high in the most recent quarter, according to the organisation's latest performance update.
- Senior Planner Oxford City Council Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Planning Officer Guildford Borough Council Guildford, Surrey
- Senior Planning Officer (Development Management) Harlow Council Harlow, Essex
- Principal Planning Officer (Development Management) Harlow Council Harlow, Essex
- Forward Planning and Economic Growth Team Manager Mansfield and Ashfield Shared Service Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham