The latest changes to government guidance, and how they affect practitioners.
What the new rights to extend buildings upwards, and demolish existing buildings to make way for new housing, mean for applicants and authorities
Our updated guide to the planning white paper and its implications is now available as an easily searchable PDF document, or can be read as a series of online articles.
The implications of new regulations that allow more widespread changes of use without a planning application.
How new legislation that aims to mitigate the economic impact of Covid-19 will affect applicants and authorities. By David Blackman
How new rules allowing councils to conduct planning committee meetings remotely using digital technology change the system and their implications. By Adam Branson.
We examine measures announced by the government this week to help keep the planning system moving during the coronavirus pandemic.
Why is the government proposing to set up freeports in the UK and what changes to planning rules are envisaged to help them function effectively? By Robbie Owen.
We examine measures promised by ministers for the planning White Paper. By David Blackman.
What are the main changes in RICS' revised professional guidance on development viability in planning? By Chris Marsh.
- Team Leader - Plan Making and Infrastructure – Spatial Planning Ashford Borough Council Ashford, Kent
- Registration Team Leader South Oxfordshire District Council & Vale of White Horse District Council Didcot, Oxfordshire
- Senior Planner Whaleback Hove, East Sussex
- Associate Director DLBP Ltd London
- Senior Associate / Associate / Senior Planners David Lock Associates Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Planning Policy Monitoring Officer Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire
- Senior Planner – Development Management Medway Council Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR
- Specialist Advisor – Conservation Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils Eastbourne & Lewes
- Associate Town Planner Carrington West York
- Associate Planner / Director with Energy Sector experience (UK wide) Pegasus Group. Bristol, Cirencester and Leeds