NEW: Barn Conversions Data Report
A new data report launched by Planning includes exclusive analysis of planning authorities' and inspectors' track records of decision-making on Class MB/Q agricultural-to-residential prior approval applications.
The report contains essential information for:
1. Those considering applying for conversions under Class Q rights. The report provides exclusive information on every English local planning authority's record of receptiveness to such conversions in the period April 2014 to March 2017.
2. Those considering appealing against refusal of one of these prior approval applications. The report provides exclusive information that will help guide their decision on whether to appeal and how to appeal, including:
- How frequently refusals of such applications in each English LPA were overturned at appeal
- Where to find decision letters for successful appeals against such refusals in each LPA*
- How frequently applications refused on the same grounds (eg location, noise etc) as theirs was refused have been overturned nationally, and in that LPA (plus where to find decision letters for successful appeals against such refusals*)
- A briefing on how inspectors and the courts interpret various issues that arise in appeals against refusals of these prior approval applications and relevant court cases
3. Local planning authorities in receipt of such applications or subject to such appeals. The report provides exclusive information that will help them make robust, defensible decisions.
PLUS All parties involved in applying for such approvals or determining such appeals will also benefit from the report's introduction to planning policy and guidance on agricultural-residential conversions, plus an update on the latest policy and legislation developments
* The data report shows where to find decision letters for successful appeals against refusals on particular grounds of Class MB/Q agricultural-to-residential prior approval applications, as well as successful appeals against refusals in particular planning authorities. Report buyers will be be able to access COMPASS Online summaries of the decisions in question. Full appeal documents can be purchased for an additional fee from COMPASS Online, or are free with a COMPASS Online subscription.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS Please contact Planning's business director Will Kendrick on firstname.lastname@example.org, or (tel) 07825 863208.
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Major Projects Planner Bassetlaw District Council Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Planning Development Manager Bassetlaw District Council Nottinghamshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex