Brighton and Hove Council decided to adopt its CIL charging schedule on 23 July 2020. Brighton and Hove Council will begin the implementation of the levy in the City from 5 October 2020.
Adopted rates include:
- Four residential charging zones with rates of £175, £150, £75 and £0 per square metre.
- Student housing developments will be charged £175 per square metre.
- Two extra care/assisted living development charging zones with rates of £100 and £0 per square metre.
- Large retail developments will be charged £100 per square metre.
- All other retail will be charged £50 per square metre.
- No charge for all other uses.