Harrogate Council decided to adopt its CIL charging schedule on8 July 2020. Harrogate Council will begin the implementation of the levy in the Borough from 1 October 2020.
Adopted rates include:
- Small scale residential developments will be charged £50 per square metre.
- Two charging zones for all other residential developments with rates of £50 and £0 per square metre.
- Two sheltered housing development charging zones with rates of £60 and £40 per square metre.
- Three retail development charging zones for shops with rates of £120, £40 and £0 per square metre.
- Large supermarket and retail warehouse developments will be charged £120 per square metre.
- Small supermarkets will be charged £40 per square metre.
- Distribution developments will be charged £20 per square metre.
- No charge for all other uses.