The Examiner's report on the Brighton and Hove CIL draft charging schedule was issued on 7 February 2020. The Examiner found that, provided modifications were made, the charging schedule would provide an appropriate basis for the collection of the levy in the city.
The modifications include:
- Amendments and additions to the Nil Charge Zone
- Clarifications with regard to CIL charging descriptions and definitions
Approved rates include:
- Four residential charging zones with rates of £175, £150, £75 and £0 per square metre.
- Student housing developments will be charged £175 per square metre.
- Two extra care/assisted living development charging zones with rates of £100 and £0 per square metre.
- Large retail developments will be charged £100 per square metre.
- All other retail will be charged £50 per square metre.
- No charge for all other uses.