Tower Hamlets Council decided to adopt its Revised CIL charging schedule at a meeting of its Full Council that was held on 15 January 2020. The levy will be implemented in the borough from 17 January 2020.
- Three residential development zones with charging rates of £280, £150 and £50 per square metre.
- Hotel development will be charged £190 per square metre.
- Student housing let at market rents developments will be charged £450 per square metre.
- No charge for student housing let at below market rents developments.
- Two office development charging zones with rates of £100 and £0 per square metre.
- Convenience supermarkets/superstores and retail warehousing development will be charged £130 per square metre.
- Two other retail development charging zones with rates of £100 and £0 per square metre.
- No charge for all other uses.