Basildon Council has published its CIL preliminary draft charging schedule for a consultation that takes place between 1 November 2018 and 17 December 2018.
- Four residential charging zones with rates of £350, £230, £50, and £10 per square metre.
- No charge if funded by a public authority.
- Two zones for retirement housing with rates of £100 and £0 per square metre.
- Two zones for retail with rates of £90 and £0 per square metre.
- All other uses £10 per square metre excluding educational establishments and medical, health and emergency services that are publicly funded.