Development management answers: Compensation payment query

Q Planning permission for 12 housing units has been refused by a council and on appeal solely because increased traffic movements would cause unacceptable harm to some nearby existing residents' living conditions. Could this loss of amenity be compensated for by a payment - if this can be agreed with the worst-affected residents - and a fresh application get approval? CG

This content can be viewed only by subscribers. Please sign in below or subscribe for full access

Sign in below

This page provides single sign-on for PlanningResource, DCP Online and COMPASS Online.

Having trouble signing in?

Forgotten password?

Refer to our Frequently Asked Questions. If you still require assistance:

For individual planning subscriptions please contact Customer Support at

For DCP Online, COMPASS Online and Corporate Planning subscriptions please contact

Don't Have an Account?

Take out a subscription today

Not sure yet? Take a free trial to PlanningResource

To discuss corporate subscriptions, call us on 01452 835820.

Planning Subscriber Activation

I subscribe to Planning - activate my subscription

Planning subscription expired? Call 0208 267 8121, or email us to renew