Rotheham Council decided to adopted its CIL charging schedule at a meeting of their full council that was held on 7 December 2016. The levy will be charged from 3 July 2017.
- Three residential charging zones with rates of £55, £30 and £15 per square metre.
- Retirement living developments will be charged £20 per square metre.
- Large scale supermarket developments will be charged £60 per square metre.
- Large scale retail warehouse and retail park developments will be charged £30 per square metre.
- No charge for all other uses.