The draft National Planning Policy Framework revisions, along documents published subsequently, propose changes to the rules relating to section 106 deals, CIL and viability.
These changes will be addressed in a special session at the National Planning Summit, to be led by Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government officials Harriet Fisher and Chris Poulton. Fisher is MHCLG's team leader on developer contributions, while Poulton is team leader on CIL and developer contributions.
Fisher and Poulton are among a group of senior government officials who will be speaking at the summit. Amongst other topics to be covered at the summit by senior civil servants are:
- The government’s plans for helping the public and private sector to work together to achieve growth through the planning system. Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) director-general for decentralisation and growth Simon Ridley will deliver a keynote speech on this topic.
- The proposed revisions to the NPPF. Steve Quartermain, MHCLG chief planner, will answer delegates’ pre-submitted and live questions on the National Planning Policy Framework revisions.
Delegates at the event will also be able to:
- Learn how Highways England, Network Rail, Transport for London and the National Grid plan to work with the public and private sector to deliver growth
- Understand how housing allocations and permissions could be built out more quickly, with contributions from Berkeley Group chairman Tony Pidgley CBE and Letwin build-out review panel member Prof Christine Whitehead
- Hear how planning chiefs in London. Bristol and Leeds are planning for the future of their city-regions
For more details of the event, and how to book places, click here