North Somerset Council decided to submitted its CIL draft charging schedule to the Secretary of State for examination on 6 December 2016. The submitted draft charging schedulee is the same draft as had been available for consultation in August and September 2016.
North Somerset Council published their CIL preliminary draft charging schedule for a consultation that ran from 9 November 2012 until 4 January 2013. The top rate for residential developments was lower in the preliminary draft at £60 per m2. The preliminary draft did not propose to charge C4 residential developments.
North Somerset District Council had published its CIL draft charging schedule for a consultation that took place between 22 August 2016 and 23 September 2016.
The draft charging schedule increased the top rate for residential developments from £60 per m2 up to £80 per m2, and specified that both C3 and C4 residential developments would be charged.
Proposed rates include:
- Three residential development (C3-4) charging zones with rates of £60, £40 and £0 per m2.
- Student accommodation will be charged £40 per m2.
- Care homes will be charged £40 per m2.
- Large scale retail developments (A1-5) will be charged £120 per m2.
- Small scale retail developments (A1-5) will be charged £60 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.