Hull City Council has submitted its CIL draft charging schedule along with a statement of modifications to the Secretary of State for examination on 16 December 2016. The statement of modifications is available for consultation until 31 January 2017. The statement of modifications includes restricting the charge for apartment developments to £5 per m2.
Hull City Council published its preliminary draft charging schedule for a consultation that took place between 19 August 2013 and 30 September 2016. The preliminary draft had a single city-wide residential rate of £18 per m2. The preliminary draft proposed two charging zones for large scale retail developments with rates of £50 and £10 per m2.
Hull City Council has published its CIL draft charging schedule for a consultation that takes place between 10 August 2016 and 21 September 2016. The draft charging schedule differs from the preliminary draft charging schedule in that it introduces variable residential rates based on location and variable supermarket rates based on scale.
The draft had proposed to charge the variable rates to all residential developments including apartments unlike the rate submitted for examination.
Proposed rates include:
- Three residential housing development charging zones with rates of £60, £35 and £5 per m2.
- Residential apartment developments will be charged £5 per m2.
- Large scale supermarket developments will be charged £50 per m2.
- Small scale supermarket developments will be charged £5 per m2.
- Retail warehouse developments will be charged £25 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.