Christchurch Borough and East Dorset District Councils have submitted their revised joint CIL draft charging schedule to the Secretary of State for examination on 29 January 2016.
The Councils had gotten to the stage where they had recieved an Examiner's report on their previous joint CIL draft charging schedule that had recommended its adoption on 10 July 2015. However they are reviewing their rates due to the changes in guidance in regard to affordable housing contribution thresholds.
The revised preliminary draft charging schedule was published by the Councils for a consultation that took place between 11 September 2015 and 9 October 2015. The preliminary draft charging schedule proposed the same rates as in the revised draft.
Christchurch Borough and East Dorset District Councils had published their joint revised draft charging schedule for a consultation that took place between 4 December 2015 and 8 January 2016.
Proposed rates include:
- Small scale residential developments with no affordable housing provision will be charged £150 per m2.
- Small scale residential developments with affordable housing provision but no Sustainable Natural Alternative Greenspace (SANG) will be charged £70 per m2.
- Medium and large scale residential developments without SANG will be charged £70 per m2.
- Two zones for medium scale residential developments with SANG with rates of £70 and £0 per m2.
- No charge for large scale residential with SANG.
- Extra care housing, care homes and housing for vulnerable people developments will be charged £40 per m2.
- Convenience retail developments will be charged £110 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.