The Examiner's report on the South Oxfordshire CIL draft charging schedule was issued to the Council on 17 December 2015. The Examiner found that, provided modifications were made, the draft charging schedule would provide an appropriate basis for the collection of the levy in the district. Recommended modifications include:
- Explicitly excluding student halls developments from the residential rates
- Remove the proposed £35 per m2 rate for office developments
- Amend the all other retail description for clarification
The preliminary draft charging schedule had been published by South Oxfordshire District Council for public consultation between 20 October 2014 and 17 November 2014.
The South Oxfordshire CIL draft charging schedule has been published by South Oxfordshire District Council for a public consultation between 26 February 2015 and 26 March 2015. The draft charging schedule proposed the same rates as the previous preliminary draft charging schedule but had made some minor modifications and clarifications.
South Oxfordshire District Council submitted its CIL draft charging schedule along with a statement of modifications for examination 8 May 2015. The statement of modifications was available for consultation until 5 June 2015.
The statement of modifications set out what changes were made to the draft document since it had been put out for consultation, most of the changes were minor or clarifications. An examination hearing was held on 29 July 2015.
Approved rates include:
- Three residential (C3) including extra care home development charging zones with rates of £150, £85 and £0 per m2.
- Residential care homes and student halls will not be charged.
- Supermarket, superstore and retail warehouse developments will be charged £70 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.