Crawley Borough Council have submitted their CIL draft charging schedule along with a Statement of Modifications to the SoS for examination on 21 December 2015. The Statement of Modifications is available for consultation between 21 December 2015 and 18 January 2016.The Statement of Modifications introduces a zone to the charging schedule where residential developments will not be charged.
The preliminary draft charging schedule was published by Crawley Borough Council for a previous round of consultation that was held between 16 February 2015 and 30 March 2015. The preliminary draft had proposed a single borough wide rate of £80 per m2 for retail developments. The preliminary draft also proposed a rate of £20 per m2 for industrial developments in one zone.
Crawley Borough Council had published its CIL draft charging schedule for a consultation that ran between 29 September 2015 and 10 November 2015.
The draft charging schedule had introduced variable rates for supermarket developments based on scale of development, and introduced a zone where retail developments would not be charged. The draft had removed a proposed charge for industrial developments.
Proposed rates include:
- Two residential development charging zones with rates of £100 and £0 per m2.
- Two large supermarket development charging zones with rates of £150 and £0 per m2.
- Two charging zones for smaller scale supermarket developments with rates of £100 and £0 per m2.
- Two general retail development (A1-5) charging zones with rates of £50 and £0 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.