Horsham District Council adopted its Planning Framework on 27 November 2015. The Planning Framework will set the strategic vision for the development in the District up to 2031. The plan will not however cover the area of the distict inside South Downs National Park.
Horsham District Council had published a proposed submission version of the plan for public consultation that was held between 16 May 2014 and 27 June 2014.
The Horsham District Council Planning Framework was then submitted to the Secretary of State on 8 August 2014.
An Inspector had been allocated and examination hearings were held in November 2014. As a result the Inspector's Initial findings were published on 19 December 2014, finding that the examination should be suspended while Horsham District Council undertake further work to make their strategy NPPF compliant.
Horsham District Council then published their schedule of proposed main modifications for public consultation between 23 March 2015 and 5 May 2015.
The Inspector's report issued on 8 October 2015 to Horsham District Council had concluded that, provided modifications were made, the plan provided an appropriate basis for the planning of the district. The modifications had been put forward by the Council. The modifications include:
- Increasing the rate of housing delivery to 800 dwellings per year.
- Commiting to an early review within three years.
- Bring forward three strategic developments.
- Revise the assessment criteria for out of town retail.
- Add a new policy for a mixed use development site.
- Modify detailed planning of developments in one area.
- Modify climate change policies in line with national policy.
- Modify community and leasure facilty protection policies in line with national policy.
- Clarifications to the glossary and policy maps.