Mole Valley District Council have published their CIL draft charging schedule for a consultation that runs between 16 December 2015 and 29 January 2016.
Mole Valley District Council had published a previous preliminary draft charging schedule that was consulted upon between 8 March 2013 and 26 April 2013. The 2013 preliminary draft had proposed one district wide charge of £125 per m2 for residential developments.
The 2013 preliminary draft had also only proposed convenience retail developments and at a lower rate of £100 per m2. This preliminary draft did not propose to charge hotel developments.
Mole Valley District Council then published their next preliminary draft charging schedule for consultation that took place between 6 August 2015 and 18 September 2015. This revised preliminary draft had the same rates as the draft, except that it also proposed to charge hotel developments £20 per m2, and did not propose a reduced rate for small scale residential developments.
Proposed rates include:
- Two small scale residential charging zones with rates of £250 and £50 per m2.
- Two large scale residential charging zones with rates of £250 and £175 per m2.
- Convenience retail developments will be charged £140 per m2.
- Two comparison retail development charging zones with rates of £140 and £0 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.