Articles 2 and 3 of the Order bring the following sections of the 2015 Act into force on 4 January 2016:
- section 3 (preparing and revising the National Development Framework for Wales) so far as it
- substitutes section 60 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 with new sections 60, 60A and 60B;
- section 11 (Welsh language);
- section 12 (period for which local development plan has effect);
- section 13 (withdrawal of local development plan);
- section 14 (Welsh Ministers’ power to direct preparation of joint local development plan); and
- section 31 (Welsh language).
Article 4 of the Order brings the following sections of the 2015 Act into force on 16 March 2016:
- section 15(1) and (2) (joint planning boards: functions relating to surveys and local development plans);
- section 40 (joint planning boards to be hazardous substances authorities);
- section 41 (power to make provision enabling joint planning boards to exercise development management functions in National Parks); and
- section 42 (joint planning boards: power to make consequential and supplementary provision).
Article 5 of the Order brings the following sections of the 2015 Act into force on 1 April 2016:
- section 2 (sustainable development); and
- section 15(3) (joint planning boards: functions relating to surveys and local development plans).
Articles 6 and 7 of the Order set out the transitional and saving arrangements that apply to the commencement of the provisions in articles 2, 3(a) and 5(a).
Date: 2nd December 2015 Date Order made
Author: Welsh Ministers
DCP link: This items updates DCP section 4.2
2015 No. 1987 (W. 297) (C. 123)