The Examiner's report on the Rutland CIL draft charging schedule has found that it provides an appropriate basis for the collection of the levy in the county.
Rutland County Council had published its CIL preliminary draft charging schedule for a consultation that began on 7 May 2013 and ended on 18 June 2013. The preliminary draft had also included a proposed charge of £150 per m2 for hotel developments.
Rutland County Council had published its CIL draft charging schedule for public consultation that was held between 13 February 2015 and 27 March 2015.
An extended period of consultation was undertaken on the draft charging schedule between 4 June 2015 and 2 July 2015. There were no changes to the draft for this extra period of consultation.
The draft charging schedule had removed the proposed charge for hotel developments and lowered the proposed rate for retail warehouse developments from £150 to £75 per m2.
Approved rates include:
- Residential developments will be charged £100 per m2.
- No charge for sheltered or extra care housing.
- Supermarkets will be charged £150 per m2.
- Retail warehouse developments will be charged £75 per m2.
- Distribution centres will be charged £10 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.