Gosport Borough Council has approved its CIL charging schedule for adoption on 14 October 2015. The levy will come into effect in the borough from 1 February 2016.
Prior to the publication of the draft charging schedule Gosport Borough Council published their CIL preliminary draft charging schedule for consultation from 10 October 2013 until 25 November 2014.
The preliminary draft had the same rates and charging zones as the draft. However the residential rates did not vary by scale of development as in the draft, but instead they varied depending on whether the development would provide on site affordable housing.
Gosport Borough Council had then published its CIL draft charging schedule for consultation between 19 September 2014 and 10 October 2014.
Gosport Borough Council submitted its CIL draft charging schedule for examination on 28 November 2014. The submitted draft charging schedule was the same as the draft that was available for public consultation.
The Examiner's report was issued to Gosport Borough Council on 7 September 2015. The report had found that, as long as one modification was made, the draft charging shedule provided an appropriate basis for the collection of the levy in the borough. The modification was:
- Clarify that public sector sheltered and retirement housing will not be charged
Adopted rates include:
- Three small residental development charging zones with rates of £100, £60 and £40 per m2.
- Four large residental development with affordable housing charging zones with rates of £100, £80, £40 and £0 per m2.
- Retail warehouses and supermarkets will be charged £60 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.