Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council have published their CIL draft charging schedule for consultation between 24 November 2014 and 5 January 2015.
The draft charging schedule differs from the preliminary draft because it has introduced a rate of £20 per m2 for retirement living developments.
The preliminary draft charging schedule was published by Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council for a consultation that was held between 5 August 2013 and 7 October 2013.
The preliminary draft did not have a rate for retirement living developments, and did not specify supermarkets as the type of convenience retail development that would be charged.
Proposed rates include:
- Three residential charging zones with rates of £55, £30 and £15 per m2.
- Retirement living developments will be charged £20 per m2.
- Supermarket developments will be charged £60 per m2.
- Retail warehouse and park developments will be charged £30 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.