The Examiner's report on the Camden CIL charging schedule found that it provided an appropriate basis for the collection of the levy in the Borough, and that it should be approved without modification. Camden Council plan to report the charging schedule to its Cabinet on 24 February 2015 with thge intention of implementing the charge in March 2015.
The preliminary draft charging schedule had been published by Camden Council for a consultation that ran from 8 November 2012 until 20 December 2012. The preliminary draft charging had rates broadly similar to the new draft charging schedule.
The CIL first draft charging schedule published by Camden Council was published on 20 August 2013, and was then submitted for examination on 3 January 2014. However the examiner found that the use of differential rates was not lawful in the context of the CIL regulations that were then in place.
The first draft charging schedule differed from the current charging schedule in that it had a zone that would not charge the levy.
This second draft charging schedule was available for consultation from 10 June 2014 until 23 July 2014 before it was re-submitted. This CIL draft charging schedule had been produced to take into account the new regulations introduced in February 2014.
The London Borough of Camden Council submitted its Community Infrastructure Levy second draft charging schedule for examination on 28 August 2014, and public hearing sesssion was held on 11 November 2014.
Approved charges include:
- Small residential developments will be charged £500 per m2.
- Three large residential development and private care home development charging zones with rates of £500, £250 and £150 per m2.
- Two student housing development charging zones with rates of £400 and £175 per m2.
- Two hotel development charging zones with rates of £40 and £30 per m2.
- All retail developments are to be charged £25 per m2.
- Two office development charging zones with rates of £45 and £25 per m2.
- No charge for industry, warehousing, research and developments.
- All other commercial developments are to be charged £25 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.