The Inspector has found the Rushcliffe Borough Council Local Plan Part 1: Core Strategy to be sound provided a number of modifications are made. The examination took place over two years including suspensions, and the Inspector's recommendations take into proposals put forward by the Council that had been made available for consultation. The modifications include:
- To review the plan if necessary to co-operate with the othe Greater Nottingham authorities if necessary.
- To explain how Part 2 of the Plan: Land and Planning Policies will calculate the five year housing supply.
- Clarification of affordable housing and self-build policies.
- Clarification of the role of neighbourhood planning and Part 2 of the Plan.
- Use the most upto date traffic monitoring to show the need for transport improvements and how they will be funded.
- Clarification of what is meant by safeguarding Green Belt and the role of neighbourhood planning in this.
- Clarification that strategic site allocations will be required to supply business development and contribute to transport improvements.
- Empthesis of the need to protect certain heritage assets.
- Increses to site specific housing supplys
- Updates to a variety of maps and tables to reflect changes
Rushcliffe Borough Council had published their Core Strategy for consultation between 23 March 2012 and 8 May 2012. The Core Strategy was then submitted for examination on 31 October 2012.
An Inspector was then appointed and in a letter dated 27 November 2012 the Inspector expressed concern about the whether the Strategy was sound.
The examination was suspended in April 2013 so as to allow the Council to carry out consultations on further proposals for housing development and draft green belt review. The examination was further delayed so that the Council could hold a consultation on their Proposed Modifications to the Core Strategy which ended on 7 April 2014.
Hearings were held on 1 to 11 July 2014. As a result Rushcliffe proposed further changes published on 8 July 2014 during the examination.
Rushcliffe Borough Council then published their Schedule of Main Modifications on 15 August 2014 following the examination hearings and will be available for consultation until 29 September 2014. One of the modifications was to rename the core strategy as a Local Plan.