East Hampshire District Council published its CIL draft charging schedule for consultation between 6 November 2014 and 19 December 2014. The Council plan to adopt their CIL charging schedule in April 2015 for all of the District outside of South Downs National Park.
The draft charging schedule has clarified that residential institutions and extra care housing developments would not be charged, however there would be a charge of £40 per m2 for residential C3A sheltered housing developments.
The preliminary draft charging schedule had been published by East Hampshire District Council for consultation between 30 May 2014 and 11 July 2014. The preliminary draft did not include a rate for residential sheltered housing.
Proposed charges include:
- Four residential charging zones with rates of £180, £100, £60 and £0 per m2.
- Two charging zones for sheltered housing (C3A) with rates of £40 and £0 per m2.
- Hotel developments are to be charged £70 per m2.
- Residential institutions and extra care housing developments will not be charged.
- Retail developments are to be charged £100 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.