The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham Council submitted its CIL draft charging schedule for examination without any changes from the consultation draft. The Council expect for the charging schedule to be examined in mid to late Janauary 2015, to be adopted and then implemented around April 2015.
The preliminary draft charging schedule was published for a consultation that ran between 7 September 2012 and 19 October 2012. The residential charges in the preliminary draft were similar to the draft apart from the lack of a nil charging zone in the preliminary draft.
Hammersmith and Fulham Council then published its CIL draft charging schedule for a consultation that ran from 22 August until 3 October 2014.
The draft charging had introduced a zone where there would be no CIL charge. The draft charging schedule added developments for the selling or display of motor vehicles, scrapyards and hotel developments to the list of uses that will not be charged CIL throughout the borough.
Proposed charges include:
- Four residential, HMO and hostel development charging zones with rates of £400, £200, £100 and £0 per m2.
- Hotel developments will not be charged.
- Two office charging zones with rates of £80 and £0 per m2.
- Industrial, warehouse, scrapyard developments and developments for the selling or display of motor vehicles will not be charged.
- Health and education developments will not be charged.
- Two charging zones for all other uses with rates of £80 and £0 per m2.