Leeds City Council formally adopted its Core Strategy which will set the strategic vision for the development in the City until 2028.
The Inspector's report had been published on 5 September 2014 had recommended that the plan be adopted provided that a number of modifications were made. The modifications had been sugested by the Council and subject to public consultation The changes included:
- Introducing affordable housing targets and thresholds
- Setting pitch targets for gypsies, travellers and travelling show people
- Not making the target rate of 3,660 dwellings per year until 2016/7 the maximum limit
- Review green belt boundaries in a way that directs development to the most sustainable locations developments
- Ensure there is a continuous supply of sites for housing
- Introduce a monitoring schedule
Hearings were held on 8 July 2013 and 14 May 2014 following the submission of the Draft Core Strategy on 25 April 2013.
The Publication Draft of the Core Strategy was subject to public consultation between 28 February 2012 and 12 April 2012. And another public consultation was held on the pre submission changes to the public consultation was held between 19 December 2012 and 13 February 2013.