Southend-on-Sea Borough Council published its CIL draft charging schedule for consultation for consultation between 23 November 2014 and 15 December 2014. The Council expect for the examination of their charging schedule to take place in Spring 2014.
The preliminary draft charging schedule had been published by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council for consultation between 3 November 2014 and 15 December 2014. The preliminary draft charging schedule had proposed the same rates as the draft charging schedule.
Proposed charges include:
- Three residential and HMO charging zones with rates of £60, £30 and £20 per m2.
- Extra care and retirement housing will be charged £20 per m2 borough wide.
- Convenience based supermarket, superstore and retail warehouse developments will be charged £70 per m2.
- Publicly funded or not for profit developments will not be charged CIL.
- All other uses will be charged £10 per m2.