Cardiff City Council published its CIL preliminary draft charging schedule for consultation between 10 November and 22 December 2014. The Council anticipates that they will publish the draft charging schedule for a consultation held in February or March 2015.
Proposed charges include:
- Residential developments are to be charged £100 per m2.
- No charge for care homes, hotels or student accommodation.
- Convenience and comparison retail developments will be charged £250 per m2.
- Out of centre retail warehouse developments will be charged £250 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.