Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council published its CIL draft charging schedule for consultation between 7 November 2014 and 19 December 2014. The Council had expect that their charging schedule would be examined in early 2015, however they later decided to publish a revised draft charging schedule for consultation in August and September 2016.
The draft charging schedule has reduced the residential rates and introduced a new residential zone with a nil rate. The draft charging schedule simplified the retail rates into two rates for different types of retail. The draft charging schedule has reduced the rate for budget hotels from £55 to £35 per m2.
The preliminary draft charging schedule had been published for consultation between 6 January 2014 and 17 February 2014. The preliminary draft had higher residential rates and only three zones with rates of £160, £105 and £75 per m2.
The preliminary draft had varying retail rates based on development type with charges of; town centre comparison retail £85 per m2, retail warehouse £240 per m2, small convenience retail £60 per m2, supermarket £100 per m2, superstore £220 per m2.
Proposed charges include:
- Four residential charging zones, with rates of £150, £70, £65 and £0 per m2.
- No charge for care home/sheltered housing. Budget hotels will be charged £35 per m2.
- Large convenience retail shop, supermarket, retail warehouse and out of town large comparison retail developments will be charged £150 per m2.
- All other retail developments (A1-5) will be charged £35 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.