Natural England is offering a pre-submission screening service, offering advice on planning and development proposals which might affect European protected species before formal or outline planning permission is secured.
The service offers advice on:
- whether the proposals are likely to meet licensing requirements
- what changes could be made to the proposals to meet licensing requirements
The service aims to help in understanding the risks and costs associated with planning proposals by:
- not having to wait until the formal submission stage to understand licensing requirements (once planning permission is secured)
- having an opportunity to gain further information following an initial formal licence application
- a review of draft application documents by Natural England licensing advisers
- a written advice note highlighting issues which need to be addressed giving views on the relevant licensing tests
- the opportunity for a site visit with a written report of the advice given
- a follow up telephone support to clarify highlighted issues prior to formal submission
It is available for new licence applications, resubmissions or modifications. Natural England assesses a request and confirms whether the pre-submission screening service is appropriate. If a case is accepted, a draft licence application will be requested with as much information as available at the time.
Natural England aims to respond with advice to accepted cases within 30 working days.
Date: 03/11/2014 Date of publication
Author: Natural England
DCP link: This item updates DCP section 4.14