The Inspector has found that, provided modifications are made, the Thurrock Core Strategy Focused Review is sound. The Thurrock Core Strategy Focused Review has been produced to amend the Core Strategy adopted in December 2011 so that it is NPPF compliant. The modifications recommended by the Inspector had been proposed by Thurrock Council and subject to public consultation. The modifications include:
- Withdrawal of policy amendments that would require the preperation of additional evidence
- Amending the introduction so that the pupose of the document is made clear
- Update the plan so that references to other out of date polices or documents are removed
- Clarification that one policy does not fix the boundaries of the Greengrid
- Various changes to wording so that the plan consistent with national policies
The Proposed submission draft of the Focused Review had been published by Thurrock Council for consultation Between 24 May 2013 and 5 July 2013. The plan was then submitted for examination on 1 August 2013.
The Inspector was then appointed and examination hearings were held on 8 April 2014. As a result of these hearings Thurrock Council published a schedule of proposed main modifications and held a public consultations between 25 July 2014 and 15 September 2014.