Bath and North East Somerset Council submitted its CIL draft charging schedule along with a statement of minor modifications for examination. The modification is to include a map that had been previously referenced from the now adopted Bath and North East Somerset Core Strategy. The Council have timetabled that their CIL charging schedule will be adopted by April 2015.
Bath and North East Somerset Council had published its CIL draft charging schedule for consultation between 24 July 2014 and 18 September 2014. This draft had proposed the same rates as submitted to the Examiner.
The preliminary draft charging schedule was published on 18 April 2013 for a consultation which ended on 8 June 2013. The preliminary draft charging schedule had two residential charging zones with the higher rates of £200 and £100 per m2. There were two charging zones for £100 and £60 per m2.
The preliminary draft had a charge of £30 per m2 for office developments which removed in the draft version. There were three retail development charging zones of which two were for in-centre retail with rates of £150 per m2 and a nil rate. The third out of centre retail zone had a charge of £150 m2 for large retail developments and a nil rate for smaller developments.
Proposed charges include:
- Two residential charging zones with rates of £100 and £50 per m2.
- Two hotel development charging zones with rates of £100 and £0 per m2.
- Two student accommodation charging zones with rates of £200 and £0 per m2.
- Two retail development charging zones with rates of £150 and £0 per m2.
- Supermarket, superstore and retail warehouse developments will be charged £150 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.