Sheffield City Council has submitted its CIL submission version draft charging schedule fo rexamination and aim to adopt this charging schedule around June 2015.
The preliminary draft charging schedule had been published for a consultation that ran between 14 January 2013 and 11 March 2013. The preliminary draft had only four proposed charging zones with rates of £100, £50, £30 and £20 per m2.
The preliminary draft also had just two small scale retail (A1) development charging zones with rates of £60 and £0 per m2. Hotel and student accommodation developments would have been charged the higher rates of £45 and £50 per m2 respectively in the preliminary draft. The preliminary draft also would have charged a more expensive rate of £60 per m2 for out centre leisure (D2) developments.
The first draft charging schedule was published for aconsultation that took place between 31 March 2014 and 25 May 2014. This draft introduced the current proposed residential development rates including the nil rate.
The fist draft also introduced the middle retail development rate of £30 per m2 but would have applied it to a larger area of the city. The first draft also lowered the hotel and student accommodation development rates to the current proposed rates. The draft did lower the charge for out of town leisure (D2) developments but only as far down as £30 per m2.
Sheffield City Council then published its CIL revised draft charging schedule for a consultation that runs from 29 August 2014 until 28 October 2014.
The proposed rates in the revised draft include:
- Five residential (C3 and C4) charging zones with rates of £80, £50, £30, £10 and £0 per m2.
- Hotel developments will be charged £40 per m2.
- Student accommodation developments will be charged £30 per m2.
- Large retail developments are to be charged £60 per m2.
- Three retail development (A1) charging zones with rates of £60, £30 and £0 per m2.
- Two leisure development charging zones with rates of £10 and £0 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.