North Warwickshire Borough Council decided at a meeting of its Full Council to adopt their Core Strategy as modified by the Inspector. The Core Strategy will cover the next 15 to 20 years.
The pre-submission draft plan had been available for public consultation between 8 November 2012 and 20 December 2012. The plan was then submitted for examination on 28 February 2013.
An Inspector was then appointed, and examination hearings were held on 5 June 2013, 7 and 14 January 2014. During the hearings the examiner requested information about Affordable Housing figures. As a result a consultation was held on proposed changes to the plan that ended on 29 May 2014.
Following the consultation on the suggested changes to the Core Strategy, another hearing was held on 19 June 2014. North Warckshire Borough Council then published its Schedule of Main Modifications on 23 June 2014 for a consultation that ended on 21 August 2014.
The Inspector's report was then published on 24 September 2014. In the report the Inspector found that the Core Strategy was sound provided that modifications were made. The modifications were to:
- move and shorten the plan period from 2006-2028 to 2011-2029
- commit to review the plan should neighbouring councils have a housing shortfall
- commit to review should employment and regional logistics sites needs change
- to allow for reviews to the plan remove presumption against Green Belt changes
- allow for more significant development around particular towns and villages so long as gaps between them remain
- updating gypsie and traveller policies