Three Rivers District Council submitted its CIL draft charging schedule along with a statement of modifications for examination on 3 October 2014. A hearing on the is scheduled to take place on 1 December 2014.
The statement of modifications was available for public consultation between 3 October 2014 and 31 October 2014. The modifications included clarifying what extra care homes are to be excluded from being charged, changes to the presentation of maps and amendments to how the charging schedule relates to section 106.
The preliminary draft charging schedule was published by Three Rivers District Council for consultation between 21 December 2012 and 15 February 2013. The preliminary draft had preposed a higher rate for retail developments at £120 per m2 as well as not specifying that it would be for A1 retail. The preliminary draft also differed in that it propsed that care homes would be charged instead of retirement homes (C3).
The draft charging schedule was then published by Three Rivers District Council for consultation between 4 July 2014 and 4 August 2014.The draft charging schedule specified that it would be retirement housing (C3).
Proposed charges include:
- Three residential charging zones with rates of £180, £120 and £0 per m2.
- Hotel developments are to be charged £120 per m2.
- Retirement housing developments are to be charged £120 per m2.
- No Charge for extra care homes.
- Retail developments (A1) are to be charged £60 per m2.
- No charge for all other uses.